Are you looking for a new challenge?
Do want to join a friendly, professional team that offers staff training and support?
Do you strive to achieve your very best potential and have a passion for the hospitality industry?
Then check out our current vacancies.
We are a family run hotel and restaurant, established for 27 years. The hotel consists of 14 letting bedrooms and a restaurant seating up to 100 guests. We are based in rural Rufford on the outskirts of Ormskirk. The venue offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. We also cater for functions such as weddings, christenings and birthday celebrations
Free onsite parking
Chef apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12-month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position.
As a Chef Apprentice, you’re an essential part of running of the business, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about working their way up within a professional kitchen and delivering the best possible guest experience and products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Learning from more experienced team members how to work/run a busy section within a professional kitchen
- Work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed, by using the pot wash and keeping the kitchen tidy
- Work safely around kitchen equipment
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by Management
GAINING YOUR QUALIFICATION
In addition to your role, you will be given tasks and training to help you achieve LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN FOOD PRODUCTION AND COOKING (all learners need to achieve Functional Skills L1/L2 in English and Maths to proceed with the course).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Pride in delivering excellent guest service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays – this is a MUST in any hospitality role
- Be aged 16 – 24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree or same level qualification
- Not have any criminal convictions
- No previous experience or qualifications are required, we are looking for your potential and personality .
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
- Guest Obsessed Acts with the guest in mind and goes the extra mile.
- Win with Our People A supportive, hard-working, and positive individual with a ‘one team’ attitude and outlook.
- Drive for Results Driven to exceed business targets for self and team balancing the need for results and quality standards.
- Communicating with Clarity Communicates clearly and articulately and adapts communication style to suit their audience.
- Handling Pressure & Problems Operates well under pressure, using initiative and remaining positive when confronted with problems.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £11,000.00 to £12,000.00 /year